Monday, July 23, 2007

I played hooky from work today

Why? I have no idea. I wasn't sick or overly tired when I woke up, I just didn't feel like going. That's bad because that was my last full approved absence day. I do have a half day that I plan on using just before my vacation starts.

Speaking of vacation, it hasn't been approved and probably won't be. That means I have to research leaves of absence some time this week. I'm not missing my vacation even if it means I have to take the entire week off without pay.

I really don't like my job right now. I think it's a combination of not getting my vacation approved and that crappy "promotion" I got which effectively locked me in my job for another 6 months. Once I take the week off for vacation, I'll probably be on corrective action which means I have to stay another 6 months. They also won't cover tuition reimbursement and I won't get a raise.

Needless to say as soon as I get back from vacation, I'm dusting off the old resume and applying at some new companies.

No comments: