Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Stephen King is at it again

I remember one of the first Stephen King novels I ever read was Pet Sematary. That book scared me half to death. I couldn't believe what I was reading, but at the same time I wondered if it was possible. I also remember that the ending totally freaked me out.

I didn't read any more of his books until Misery. Another creepy type of tale that keeps you totally tuned in. I mean, who could put the book down once they start reading? I didn't even mention Carrie. I know plenty of girls looked towards the sky when they won prom queen. Who doesn't remember the whole bucket of blood falling from the ceiling. My friends and I still tell jokes about this movie.

Now we have the new 1408 Movie. This is one creepy looking movie.



John Cusack plays a best selling novelist who routinely discredits paranormal events. When he goes to spend some time at the Dolphin Hotel, the manager warns him about room 1408. He becomes the first person to stay in the room in years. Now he must go from sceptic to true believer and try to survive the night.

The 1408 Movie sounds like vintage Stephen King. This will make an excellent date movie. I have to have somebody to hide behind while watching the movie! Watch the trailer and tell me you don't get goosebumps.

No comments: