Friday, June 8, 2007

I put my cousins graduation money on his card

My cousin graduated high school last week. I wasn't able to go to the graduation because it was in New Jersey. I made sure to call him to let him know that I hadn't forgotten about his graduation and that his present would be forthcoming. He has a checking account so I was just going to mail him a check. I talked to his mom and she told me he had one of those Teen Prepaid card from Payjr.com. I didn't even know he had one. She told me he has had it for several months. All 3 of her kids have one. It makes it easier to give them their allowance, birthday money, or graduation money.

I asked her what made her give them a card. She said it teaches them responsibility and budgeting. Once they spend their money, they realize there is no more to spend. It helps them budget by deciding what they really want or need to buy with their own money. Not to mention, she can monitor what they spend their money on. They already know that she looks at their accounts and can suspend the card if she wants to. They make sure to stay on the up and up so as not to lose their card.

I'm glad he had the card. It made it a lot easier and quicker to get the money to him.

No comments: