Thursday, June 21, 2007

My niece is building sand castles


My niece is super excited about our upcoming vacation. We're going to the beach and she can't wait. She's never been to a nice beach. We've been to dirty beach with dirty sand and not so clean water. The thought of actually seeing blue water is more than she can handle.

She even went online to look for beach related items and found a website where you can Build A Sandcastle. She went nuts. That's her creation you see up top. lol. I told her it was beautiful. What else is a great aunt supposed to say? Yes, the castle is called Sabrina's Castle. My nieces name is Sabrina too. She's named after me. ; )

We had fun creating her sand castle. Well, she had fun creating it, I had fun watching her. She was laughing and joking the whole time. I think it took her less than 15 minutes to finish. Partially because she changed the colors twice. She chose Beaches because we're going to the beach lol. She's decided that once we get to the beach the whole family is gonna build a sand castle together. It doesn't matter to her that no one in the family is good at it. We're gonna make one anyway.

Our trip is the week after the Fourth of July. I don't know if the poor kid is gonna make it that long.

No comments: