Sunday, May 27, 2007

Every breath you take


I remember being about 15 years old and traveling with my family from NJ to NM for a two week visit. Every city we hit and every station we turned to was playing this song. It drove me crazy and for the longest time, I hated the song for the rest of the summer.

Of course, the song eventually grew on me. I started off humming it, then singing it, then finally I went and bought the police cd. I drove my mother crazy playing that song. I don't think I listened to any other song on the cd. I started listening to the radio for other songs by the Police to see what they had out there.

You know how you hear something but never really pay it any attention. I realized that the song Roxanne the I was always singing was their song. I never knew that, I just thought it was a catchy tune. I eventually bought another police cd. This time it was the Best of Sting and the Police. I love that cd. Again, I found songs I never even knew were by the Police.

When I heard the group was getting back together, I was ecstatic. I love Sting. Love him, love, love him. But as part of the Police, I love him even more. They have a new 28 track classic police cd and best of all, they're going on a worldwide tour. The only thing I hate about Pittsburgh is that we don't always get good shows, but this one will definitely hit town. And I will definitely be there. I can't wait.

No comments: