Sunday, May 20, 2007

Get outta town


Do you need a vacation? I know I do. After the semester I had I'm scared to see what the fall will bring. Especially since I'm taking 2 classes. A pre-calculus class and another economics class. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

That's why now that it's summer, I'm ready to hit the road and go. Anywhere is fine at this point, I'm not too picky. Actually I would love to go to Aruba. I tried to go last year and it just didn't work out. I started looking around the internet for Cheap Hotels and I found a great rate. The package was for $812 per person. I don't know if I can swing that now. But I sure would love to.

The package was on HotelReservations.com and they have some fabulous deals. I searched for a June vacation and $812 pp was not even the cheapest rate. I just used that rate because it was for a hotel that I would prefer to stay at. The rates ranged from $718 pp to just over $1300 pp. Plenty of the hotels were under $1000 pp though. Those rate are unbelievable especially since it includes air and hotel plus taxes.

Another great feature of this site is that they let you read traveler reviews right there as you're booking the trip. You don't have to go searching from site to site looking for reviews since they're right at your fingertips. Another feature that they offer is the option to book two cities and two hotels as one package. Now that's a convenient option to have. Most companies make you book something like that totally separate but to have that as a booking request makes things a lot easier.

Even though Aruba isn't doable right this very moment, I'm going to keep this site handy because I know it's only a matter of time before it is doable.

No comments: