Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Vacation plans aren't set yet

John and I have been talking about taking a vacation together this year. It will probably be a small 4 or 5 day trip because we'll both be in school. Our plans aren't set yet because we don't have the funds to put the down payment on the trip. I have a few Low APR Credit Cards but they don't have high enough limits to cover both of our deposits.

I went online to compare credit cards before I applied for mine. I ended up with a regular Mastercard because that was the best deal for me. I wanted a rewards card but once I saw the fee I didn't apply for it. I also did the math and realized that it would take me over 3 years to get a reward. Since I would pay an annual fee times 3, I could have just paid for the reward out of pocket and it would be a better deal.

I always compare things like that before I apply for credit. There's a great website that will let you compare fees, rewards, interest rates and weed out offers based on your criteria. Hey the banks aren't looking out for your bottom line, so you need to do it yourself.

No comments: