Thursday, January 3, 2008

Joke of the week

Sunday School...
by Rev. Darryl L. Andrzejewski

I have been a pastor for 14 years. I was teaching a large Tuesday morning bible study on creation. There were 35 people in attendance, mostly school moms and retirees. We were covering the vast and intricate design of God's hand in nature. We were moving about... covering this and that... and then I turned my attention to the Great Barrier Reef, how many different species grouped together to form this wonder. What I wanted to say next was that this was one of the world's biggest "ORGANISMS". However, I didn't get that word quite right.

I said four more words after this colossal bible-study blunder, stopped, and thought to myself, "What did I just say?!" When I looked around the room, I quickly discovered my fear was very real, as evidenced by the three dozen shades of red around the room.

Word must have leaked about my embarrassing moment, as attendance for the next Tuesday class nearly doubled.

No comments: