Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ditching my cell phone plan

My cell phone is probably one of the technological marvels that I enjoy the most. I love the freedom of being anywhere and being able to make a call without looking for a phone booth or change. Phone booths are becoming obsolete so good luck finding one. There availability has been cut in half in the past 5 years.

One thing I don't like is my cell phone plan. With my provider I pay more than I would with the same plan at a different provider. I've looked at different carriers and my bill could be almost $20 bucks less. When you're on a budget, every dollar counts.

There are a lot of reasons I haven't left my carrier yet. One reason I've stayed is because I've been my carrier for over 5 years. I like the continuity of being with one provider. I've also stayed with my current provider because in part I love my phone. It's only available at my provider so I can't go to another carrier right? Well, not true anymore. I found unlocktotalk.com and now it's a possibility.

What they do is unlock your sim card so you can use any phone with any provider. I wouldn't even lose my phone book, contacts or ring tones. This service is good for military people or people who travel a lot. And you can do it right over the internet. They will walk you through the process. Or you can find a store in your area and go in and have them do it for you. Your area can be in the U.S. or a host of international countries.

Freedom is what it's all about. Now we can all have cellular freedom. I shouldn't feel like I have any loyalty to my cellular provider. After all, the carriers sure don't feel any loyalty to their customers.

No comments: