Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Would you get lap-band surgery?

I would consider it if I were considered obese. I know 1 person who has actually had lap-band surgery. Everyone else I know has had a different procedure.

The lap-band procedure is different because they only make a tiny incisions and use special instruments to go in and wrap the inflatable silicone band around the upper part of your stomach. Multiple tiny incisions are better than one gigantic incision that runs the length of your stomach if for no other reason than vanity. You now have a smaller pouch that limits the amount of food that your stomach can hold. With a smaller space you eat less, feel full faster and lose weight.

Surgery isn't for everyone but in the case of morbidly obese people I think it's a good idea.

No comments: