Sunday, April 1, 2007

Random thoughts on opening day 2007

I'm ecstatic that the "boys of summer" are back. As much as I love football, I'm happy to see the start of the baseball season.

So Taguchi is having a horrible game. He's 0-3 in the bottom of the 7th. He also has the distinction of having the first error of the season.

Frank Robinson has the most opening day home runs in the majors with 8. That's a factoid to file away for some trivia game later on.

Of course the Yankees play tomorrow at 1pm est. I'll be at work so I'll miss the game.

The over/under for the Pirates this season is 72. I'm taking the over. I'll tentatively say they'll win 74 games. I really hope I'm wrong and they do a lot better. They really need to have a good season.

I'm glad that I work with a lot of sports fans this year. People from work usually get together and go to a game as a group. That should be fun. I hope I make it to at least 2 games this year. I would love to go on a road trip this year, but I won't push my luck.

No comments: