Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm sick of all of the poker tournaments on tv

I guess by now, everyone should know that I'm a tv junkie. Lately some of the stuff I've been seeing has annoyed me to no end. Like poker being on tv 24/7. When poker first became mainstream, it was cool to see it on tv. You got to know the various professional players and really see what made them good poker players.

Now you can't turn on the tv without seeing poker. Every weekday after 7pm and all weekend long, you can't turn to certain stations without seeing a game. It's not even just the sports channels like ESPN2 or Fox Sports now it's on the Travel Channel as well.

I guess what really bothers me about it is that there are so many people playing you can't even root for your favorite player anymore. They show lots of the up and coming players which is cool. It just seems like more of the players are more interested in mugging for the camera than they are into playing the game. I really don't need to see someone screaming into the camera or making a comment and looking directly into the camera.

I hate to say it, but I'll be glad when this fad looses steam (and ratings) and we don't have to see it all the time on every channel.

No comments: