Monday, October 27, 2008

Living in an apartment can be scary

Kbs_logoI'm not ready to buy a house yet so I live in a apartment. For me apartment living is just so much easier. I really don't want to be bothered with all of the maintenance and sprucing up of a property that I would have to do with a home of my own. I may eventually buy a condo or a town home where I pay a maintenance fee but a traditional home is so not for me.

There are other considerations to owning a home as well. Besides maintenance you have to worry about whether your home is fireproof or not. Not having your home fireproofed can be a disaster. It's not just enough to have fire extinguishers and smoke detectors even though they are both important.

So why is it scary living in a apartment? Because you don't always know whether or not the builder has used fireproofing products when they constructed the building. Using the correct types of products can limit the amount of damage that may occur during a fire. Because let's face it, you can control what you do. But your neighbors are a whole different ball of wax.

One of my neighbors likes to walk down the hallway smoking cigarettes. One of my greatest fears is that an ember for the cigarette falls on the floor and starts a fire. Or even worse, that she drops it on the floor and it sparks. Either way, I hope she's careful with her cigarettes and I hope our building is properly constructed.

That's truly one of the downsides for me.

Post?slot_id=23785&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: