Thursday, September 11, 2008

Please don't let me get sick

I woke up this morning very stuffy and congested. It's been cool here and I've had my windows open. It's actually been quite chilly in my apartment in fact. Now I think I'm paying for it. I know it's nothing serious like Acute Sinusitis but you can never be too careful. Last year I thought I had a bad cold and I found out later that I had walking pneumonia. Not fun!

The worse part of being sick is that the doctors prescribe all of these different medications for each symptom. Most of them use epocrates.com to see what medicine cures what ailment. I also want them to make sure that the drugs they prescribe won't interact with each other. No nasty side effects for me thank you very much.

I know that doctors aren't perfect and they sometimes need help too. And I'm not so impatient that I can't wait a minute or two while they look something up. I want them to get it right the first time.

Now to find some tea or something until my appointment this afternoon.

This announcement was paid for by Epocrates.

No comments: