Thursday, September 25, 2008

I really wish ILasik was around years ago

I really do want Lasik eye surgery. I've wanted it for quite some time. I have looked for LASIK information in the past but I'm extremely afraid of the procedure. I know it's quick and virtually painless. In fact, most surgery's take less than 20 seconds per eye. The laser does all of the work really quickly. That doesn't take away the fact that I'm extremely uneasy with the prospect of having it done.

Now the U.S. military and NASA are using a new procedure to help their employees and recruits. ILasik, which is nothing more than a fancy name for new Lasik technology, uses two lasers instead of one. The first laser cuts the corneal flap while the second laser does the actual correction. Out of 100 military personnel who had the procedure done, over 95% have better than 20/20 vision. And 100% of naval aviators said they would recommend the surgery.

Why do I wish it were around years ago? Because I thought of joining the military myself. Back then, LASIK technology was as advanced as it is now. If you had corrected vision, there were certain jobs that you couldn't do. Of course the job that I really wanted was one of them. So I decided against joining. Had ILasik been available then, I would have had perfect vision and been able to pursue my dream.

I'm still nervous about getting it done. But next year I'm going to start saving up for it. I'm getting tired of contact lenses and glasses.

Post?slot_id=21189&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: