Thursday, July 31, 2008

I sure hope we have shrimp kabobs

Our family reunion is the weekend of Labor Day. The family has been having fund-raisers all year in order to be able to pay for it. All we have to do is bring side dishes. All of the main courses will be provided. Two of my uncles will be running the grills with all types of hot dogs, burgers, ribs and of course chicken. I'll probably have ribs first because we all know they're the first thing to go.

I hope we have shrimp kabobs too. My uncle makes a mean kabob even though he doesn't put everything I like on it. He cooks like he's in one of those Cook off's he's always entering. Like the great American seafood cook off. I'm not a big seafood eater but I will eat shrimp.

I don't think he's even won although he's always excited to enter. He loves sharing recipes with people that they would have never thought of. I can't wait to get there to see what he comes up with.

Oh the kabob recipe. It's just shrimp, sausage, onions, peppers and tomatoes on a skewer. Really plain but it's the spices that he uses. I know he marinades the meat in alcohol and then uses seafood spices. I'm just not sure exactly which spices he uses.

I can't wait to get there and eat now.



No comments: