Monday, August 25, 2008

People are already buying Christmas stuff?

I was talking to a coworker last week and she was complaining because Halloween stuff is already in the stores. I thought that was crazy until I heard that some stores already have their Christmas stuff coming in. I knew it would come in early but I figured it would be at the end of September, not in August.

I don't worry about what I'm going to buy people for Christmas. I just wait until places like blackfridayscans.com put up the sales flyers for Black Friday sales. Then I decide what to get people depending upon what's on sale. I don't play full price for anything if I don't have to and that includes Christmas presents.

That doesn't mean that I'm a cheap skate or that I buy people crappy gifts either. I get most of my family pretty nice gifts actually. I just don't pay a lot for them. There's a art and a science to getting deals and I'm all over it. I guess when you don't have a lot of money to spend you learn how to look for the best deals.

The site www.blackfridayscans.com puts the sales flyers up before they hit the newspapers. So you can see what's on sale and make a action plan as to what to get and from where. If you don't want to constantly check the site, you can sign up for their email alerts and they will let you know when the deals have been posted. That's a cool feature because who really has time to keep looking to see if things have been posted or not? I know I sure don't.

I know I'm not looking forward to buying presents this year. All of my cousins have grown up and I can't get away with kiddie toys and baby dolls anymore. But you can best believe I won't pay through the nose for the presents I do get.

No comments: