Sunday, June 1, 2008

Splurging on me

Sometimes you just want to splurge on something for yourself. Something nice that you wouldn't ordinarily consider. Like a nice iwc watch or even a great pair of earrings. I like the watch but I'm not a watch person. I generally use my cell phone to tell the time. I don't know why. I guess it's because I would rather buy great jewelry instead.

As far as jewelry goes, I'm really a traditional kind of girl. It's usually diamond studs for me. But browsing around this website I see all kinds awesome earrings. They're really out of my price range or a range that would make me feel comfortable. But that's why they call it a splurge. It's something that you wouldn't ordinarily buy but you saw it and it was fabulous!

I've decided that I would rather splurge once in a blue moon on a great piece of jewelry than buy inferior jewelry more often. For instance, I saw this great 18k gold bangle bracelet that I really like. I won't even look at 14k jewelry anymore. I like the richness and beauty of 18kt. My last pair of diamond studs are 18kt even though they're small (1/4 carat). I would really like to amp those up to 1/2 - 1 carat. But as they saw, all good things to those that wait.

I think everybody should splurge on themselves once in a while.

No comments: