Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I need a realistic furniture budget

My bedroom set is done, toast, finito -or however you spell it, and you get my drift. I need a new bedroom set. I got it when I moved into my current place. I thought I was moving out of town so I didn't want to spend a lot of money because I didn't plan on taking the furniture with me.

Then a lot of things happened and I decided to stay put. But I still have this cheap awful furniture. The mattress is worn and it needs to be replaced. I am not buying another piece of furniture as long as I'm in my current place. However I need a realistic budget as to how much new furniture will set me back.

I'm thinking of going piece mill and buying one thing at a time and doing a build-a-bedroom if you will. That way I can totally control the costs and I don't have to buy anything unless I have the cash. Before I make any final decisions however, I need to know what it's really going to cost me. I saw a bed for less than $600 but I still need mattress. No box spring because of the design of the frame. I also saw an entire set that would set me back over $2k which I absolutely do not have.

Maybe I'll go out in the next couple of weeks to see what I'm up against.

No comments: