Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My walk almost killed me - not really

But it sure as hell felt like it this morning. It's not even that hot outside today. This past weekend it was in the high 80's and low 90's. This morning it was in the mid 70's but it was kinda humid.

My walk starts off at my normal bus-stop. Then I walk through downtown, over one of the many bridges and end up on the side of PNC Park on Federal Street. Normally I walk over the 7th St. Bridge (Andy Warhol Bridge) and cut down a side street. Then I walk the 2 or so blocks to my building. Then it's the torture of walking up 60 or so steps to get into my building. I could take the elevator but I really need the exercise.

Most days I'm totally fine but today I was out of breath, tired and sweaty. Yuck. Now I have to sit at work all day smelling like a baby goat. My legs were tired before I even got halfway here. I had figured by now that I would be used to the walk but days like today just get the best of me.

I need to do a quick body cleanse and drop a few pounds then I should be able to make the walk with no muss and no fuss.

No comments: