Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This weather is scaring me!

Two weeks ago it was freezing cold. Last week was pretty mild and today it's near 40 degrees. For February this is totally unheard of. The weather is supposed to change this weekend and get cold again with some rain and maybe even snow.

I'm just really fearful of March I must admit. I just feel like we're going to have a long blast of either sub-zero temperatures or a blizzard or two before Spring hits. I wish I could just hide out in my house until April.

On a positive note, baseball season is almost here and I'm ecstatic! Once pitchers and catchers report I know Spring is only around the corner. I do remember one season when it snowed in April during the opening week of baseball! All I know is that it's only a hop, skip and a jump until Summer now and that makes me very happy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranch Chimp said...

Hi Sabrina ... was just dropping by to check out your blog's. As far as the winter in your part of the country, it has been unusual especially closer to the Atlantic coast cities being warmer than usual, but too, dont count on it for long, the pattern's are just changing due to the climate change's, or what I call global warming still. Being that "warming" and ice cap melting deposit's more liquid water, and these time's of the year when the earth's part's are furthest from the sun, will get more precip, such as in Europe this year, more flooding in warmer month's, etc, when it's cold it come's frozen. And I am sure that even your neck of the wood's will get some very cold snap's and blizzard's still, record breaking at that ... even if it dont come this year, it's bound to come, because of your location. Part's of Texas has been experiencing drought as well, other part's flooding, etc. Texas is very large in land, so the weather pattern's vary across the state too. Too much to say, so I'll put a lid on it for now : )

Sabrina said...

I'm telling you this weather is nuts! I went outside today and it's only in the low 30s and we're supposed to get snow by morning. Anywhere from 2-4". Then back into the 40s next week. smh

Sonya Rehe said...

Hi, Sabrina) On the 26th of March we've got -12 outside the window. If it goes this way, our Summer will come only by the mid of July :)

Sabrina said...

We seriously got less than 5" of snow this year. I just think that this summer is going to be unbelievably hot.